In the thirteenth century, a group of monks
were given permission by King John to build Beaulieu Abbey in Wiltshire. It
remained in their possession until 1538 and now all that is left of the once
beautiful building is ruins.
Not surprisingly, it is the ghosts of monks
that have been seen and heard around the Abbey's ruins.
The sound of footsteps and religious chanting have been heard at night
and many witnesses have noticed a smell of incense around the ruins.